The Portable is the new library for Native Instruments Kontakt created from a classic portable Japanese keyboard of the late ’80’s. We took the FM generated range of sounds to a new musical level, making The Portable a great retro alternative yet cinematic resource of synth sounds.
The Portable is an ideal tool for creating retrowave flavoured synthetic sounds, from classic synth brass to modern and alternative pads and textures. It’s also a great compendium to any style of music, including Retro and Modern Electronica, Synthpop, Wave, Hip Hop, Film Music and Ambient.
Sounds are divided into three main categories: Original sounds (the original generated sounds), Snapshots (designed presets) and Sequences (A selection of sequences, including editable Step Bender)
With its usable interface and a selected array of controls and effects The Portable allows the customization and creation of an unlimited range of inspiring sounds. Controls include a Luminance control with over 20 impulses and a Rhythmizer for additional modulation. It also includes a Step Bender for the creation of custom sequences.
Please note: you need the FULL version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or above to use the product.
- All samples 24 bit/44.100 Khz
- A complete set of synthetic sounds based on a classic Japanese portable keyboard of the late 80’s
- 66.nki patches
- 1.75 Gbytes of samples
- Low memory usage, Laptop ready
- A wide array of controls and effects available (Low Pass Filter, Hi Pass Filter, Degrader/Lo-fi, Reverb, Rotator, Luminance, Amp and Filter Envelopes)
- Editable 8 steps Step Bender for the creation of sequenced lines
- Please note: full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.4 or above is required
- The product is delivered as digital download. You will receive an email with the download link immediately after purchase process is completed.
The library contains the following sounds/patches
- Original sounds (31 .nki patches) The original generated sounds
- Snapshots (21 .nki patches) A selection of designed presets
- Sequences (14 .nki patches) A selection of synth sequences